Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas and Kepping up with the Joneses

Ok so we all know many people who are getting this and that but what I want is not expensive and I am not keeping up with anyone. I want books that is it. I want to be able to sit down and read without any interruptions. Does that happen? Hell NO!

I don't mind though and with Christmas right around the corner literally there will be no time ever. I do not want a bigger wedding ring, nicer car, a bigger home and all of that materialistic bullshit. I want my kids to enjoy their toys and I want to lay around reading my book. I see my husband looking at what others are getting and I wonder if he ever wishes for more.

I know I am rambling but hello Christmas sucks if your an adult and have to work at everything. Examples: Shopping (work), putting up tree, lights etc., wrapping and then to top it all off a person is spending money to make others happy. Why? I mean when did the fun get sucked out of Christmas exactly. I do everything I do for my children but come on. I want to go somewhere and lay around and have the kids run around and not be bothered. I know I know what a shitty attitude but at least I have the guts to say what the majority is thinking. Right?

So I am going to go and continue on with the hey this is great fun attitude until Tuesday when the relaxing begins :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and had a chance to lay around and read some books! Happy 2013!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I hope your Holiday was good...

    ReplyDelete