Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I am Laurie, I am 57, a mom, and grandmother.
I enjoy and agree with what Dena wrote on the issuse of women looking for the end of the story to be all happy and joy.
Girls were taught to be sugar and spice and remember to look nice. We are the glue of our families, our jobs, and our own personal selves. We work hard, very hard. We have been the tough one. I would rather do it myself than have to let someone screw something up and I have to fix it. It could  have been done by now.
On the other hand, I love letting my granddaughters try all sorts of new things. They may make a mistake but they learn from that. With humor we learn a great deal.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like to read books where the happy ending is "too" happy. Life has many wonderful moments, but even when we find love or happiness, things are not perfect. Great post!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete